Friday, January 21, 2011

Prayer Closets All Around the Home

Where is your special spot in the house where you have your quiet time with the Lord, write, blog, or organize your to-do list for the week?
What accompanies you?  A cup of tea or coffee?  Do you keep the house quiet or play music through your laptop?  Do you light a candle or open the window?
I like to sit by an open window.  If the season is warm, I am in the kitchen by the large window that overlooks the dogwood tree.  If the season is cold, I am by the fireplace in my rocking chair.  Both places give me that deep contentment that allows me to open my heart to the Lord's Word.  Some days I could sit for hours reading and writing.  I like to start with my quiet time.  Then I jump online and read inspiring blogs related to faith and homemaking.  God has called me to be a homemaker, so I find endless treasures from my sisters in the faith.  When I read their posts, I find the familiar words God speaks to me about having a vision to stay home and guide the home.  My home offers many "prayer closets" for me to enter into His presence with joy and thanksgiving, as well as a place to hurt and heal safely.  I have scripture on the window ledge near the kitchen sink and meditate on verses when I wash dishes.  I pray for my unsaved friends when I pull laundry from the dryer.  I seek God for wisdom when I straighten the kids' rooms.  I thank God for my husband and my family when I cook soup over the oven.  I cry when I am in the shower from recent loss.  I ask God about the future when I look out my windows.  I feel hope when I garden or when the wind blows on my back.  I technically don't go into a closet to pray, because I have a home to do that in...freely. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honesty and encouragement in your posts. I just came across your blog while reading comments on A Wise Woman Builds Her Home. I am thankful for this community of women who are striving to live for the Lord as they love their husbands and raise their children. The Lord bless you today in your "home"work and family time.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen. I am also visiting form A Wise Woman Builds Her Home and am enjoying reading your blog. :) I love to do my Bible reading, meditation, and prayer at the kitchen table because it is by a large, beautiful window. When it's warm a nice breeze blows past when the windows are open. I find it easy to spread out my books and notebooks. I also find it easy to set my coffee down. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies, for visiting. Now off to do my morning coffee and Bible time. :0)

    ReplyDelete