Thursday, August 25, 2016

It's been a few years since I last blogged, so I thought today would be a good day to begin again.  So much of life in the past year has been a bunch of "begin agains".  
Though we put goals down on paper and down on our minds, God has a way of still steering the ship, if you know what I mean.  Most of the time, our hearts seem to be in the right place, but God tests our hearts with a fiery trial now and again to expose our motives.  When our resources are abruptly changed, we have to reexamine our goals to see if we can complete our tasks properly.  I experienced this abruptness last October.
Call it the week from hell or a Job-like week, it was one of the fieriest trials of my life.  A false accusation from a sister-in-Christ and a physical blow to my system as I spent a few days in the hospital with viral meningitis crushed my earthly strength and broke my heart.  Both took months to heal, but the lessons on the way are irreplaceable.  Even as I type this blog entry, I still find myself struggling to remember how to spell simple words, but the spiritual tradeoff is well worth it. Since there are too many lessons to recall in one entry, I will save them for future entries.  For now, here are the litlins' growing up...




No comments:

Post a Comment