Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ideas for Advent

Advent celebrations don't always have to be centered around the children. John and I spent an evening out at Liberty University's new Tower theater. We had a wonderful time watching "A Christmas Carol." It was a musical adaptation, which I perfer.
Knowing snow was falling lazily outside for the first time, it made it all the more cozy in the theater. The students did a great job and we went home reminded of our many blessings.
My darling date and I went out for a quick sandwich and coffee before heading home in the snow. Advent is a time for reflection and we did a lot of thinking back over our first year in Lynchburg. We could see God in the midst of the highs and lows. Sometimes it is hard to think when three children are always thinking outloud, so remember to take time for yourself in the Advent season.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds wonderful! Chris and I are going out tonight for dinner, followed by a Chanticleer Christmas Concert (A twelve men chorus)! :) I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete